Delsym was one of the leading pioneers in developing long-lasting cough syrup in the 1980s, and the first cough syrup to deliver 12 full hours of cough relief. Delsym’s long-lasting delivery system is so unique that it inspired the brand’s name “DELivery SYsteM.”
Today Delsym is the #1 12-hour cough medicine.* The advanced time-release formula helps control your cough for up to 12 hours. That’s three times longer than the leading cough liquid,** for long-lasting relief, all day or all night.
Delsym has products for the whole family. In fact, Children’s Delsym is the #1 pediatrician recommended children’s 12-hour cough suppressant*** as well as the most recommended children’s cough medication by pharmacists.**** And if you’re dealing with more than a cough, try the Cough+ range for both adults and children with daytime and nighttime formulas.
Benefits of Delsym
- Delsym 12 Hour has a single active ingredient, Dextromethorphan, which is beneficial as it limits the chance for interactions with other drugs.
- With Delsym, you’re not constantly re-dosing throughout the day. Just 2 doses a day controls your cough for 24 hours.
- The 12 Hour formulation is both alcohol & sulfite free.
- And for great-tasting relief, Delsym 12 Hour is available in orange and grape flavors.
Explore our site to learn more about our full line of products for both cough and cold.
* Among OTC liquids. Nielsen unit sales data, 2016.
** vs. Robitussin Maximum Strength Cough + Chest Congestion DM per dose
*** Based on Pharmacy Times’ OTC Guide 2016-2017, 2016
**** Based on the QuintilesIMS ProVoice Survey, 2016